Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Plugger rebrands as wotnews?

Weird ... Plugger.com.au has changed its name to wotnews.com.au

"The name Wotnews acknowledges our relationship with Wotif.com. While we remain an independent business and a separately operated website, we're associated with them in that we now share the Wot brand via a licensing agreement"

Um ... okay. Question. What does wotif.com have to do with a news aggregator/search utility? Why would you licence the name?

I guess a name change doesn't take away from the strength of the product - it's a bloody good resource that will only evolve and improve over time.

1 comment:

Mariel said...

I was asking myself the same questions... you know what they say about great minds....

I forgive them. I found your blog via plugger.
Keep up the good work matey.